Saturday, March 27, 2010
Day 10
All the single ladies….now put your hands up (insert hands up now)! There's been some dates that I thought won the gold medal for awkwardness. Nope, not even comparable to this past Thursday's date. Honorable mentions include: (1)someone trying to hug me in the car while seatbelts are on, (2)watching "He's Just Not That Into You" on date then getting "I don't think this is gonna work out" text the next day.
Mcdreamy is a 26 year old med student stuck within the confines of KC. It should also be noted that Mcdreamy is 6'4 with black hair and brown eyes...deadly combination, I know this ladies.
The date takes place at Harry's in Westport at 8:15pm. He gets there before me and gets a table. I arrive. Boy meets girl, girl likes what boy has going on, boy then tells her..... he's "not her type of guy"...? Maybe it was the strange looks I was giving him as he explained how he didn't really listen to music. Conversation goes a little something like this:
Me: So what kind of music do you listen to?
Mcd: I listen to a little bit of everything, except for maybe country
Me: Do you have a favorite band or song?
Mcd: No...
Me: (insert weird look) You don't have one favorite band or song?
Mcd: Eh, not really
Me: What music do you listen to in the car?
Mcd: I don't listen to music in the car, I just think
Me: (insert even weirder look) Are you serious?! WHAT?
The night progresses along these lines. He keeps checking his phone. I ask about the deal with the phone checking.
Me: Why do you keep checking your phone?
Mcd: My roommate was having car issues so he was going to text me to let me know he made it home ok
Me: Either you're a really good liar or really nice (thinking...liar)
Finally it comes to the point that he's fiddling with the drink menu. I have to know what the deal is know.
Me: Are you having that bad of a time that you have to look at the menu?
Mcd: You're really nice and attractive buuuut.....
Me: (laughing at just imaging what's coming next) Just say it
Mcd: I gotta formulate my statement correctly
Me: (still laughing, come on dude)
Mcd: I just don't think I'm your kinda guy
Me: What you really mean is I'm not your kinda girl?
From this point on, it's absolutely hilarious. At one point he even offers to set me up with his friends. Who does this?! Seeing as how awkward this whole date was and how someone could be so honest, I told him we have to be friends. Surprisingly enough, I think we are.
Last night he was planting cucumbers and tomatoes.
Did I miss anything Mcdreamy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think you missed quite alot. For instance, how about your own awkwardness?
ReplyDeletePeople already know how awkward I am, it's implied.
ReplyDelete